The Bedford Historical Society was founded in 1955 to collect, preserve and interpret the history of Bedford, Bedford Township and portions of the Western Reserve.
It is a member of the American Association of Museums, The Ohio Association of Historical Societies and Museums, The Ohio Historical Society, The National Trust and the Northeast Ohio Inter-Museum Council.
The holdings of the Bedford Historical Society are listed with the Library of Congress in Washington DC. Archival information is available to researchers locally, nationally and internationally.
All of the Bedford Historical Society buildings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- 1874 Town Hall; contains exhibits, archives, genealogies and a 12,000 volume library
- 1832 Hezekiah Dunham House; restored to reflect three critical periods of occupancy.
- 1892 Old Baptist Church; late Gothic Revival with a restored sanctuary. Also known as the Community Building, the lower level is modernized and available for rental.
- A 1920s era Passenger Station is on view in the 1882 Wheeling & Lake Erie train depot.