Late in 1948 they began rehearsals for their second show, Smilin Through.Â That show opened in February of 1949 at the first home of Workshop Players, The Hickory Tree Grange on the west side of Amherst. The Players produced 20 shows at the Grange during 1949 - 1952.
In 1954 we became members of the Ohio Community Theater Association (OCTA). We continue as a member in good standing of OCTA. Our Founder, Valerie Gerstenberger, was inducted into the OCTA Hall of Fame in 2003 for her 50+ years of service to community theater.
In 1957 Workshop Players was incorporated as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. This status has allowed us to seek out grants at various times in our history for special projects.